Friday, February 26, 2010

A Psalm of Praise

Your beauty is beyond compare

It is magnified throughout the Earth.

That which covers the Earth gives you praise

How majestic is your Glory


Your overwhelming love surrounds me

My breath is taken away by your splendor

How awesome it is to experience your grace.

Your artful strokes are displayed for all to see.


As I look out among the fields

I see only beauty, as though a master painter has been hard at work

The colors mix together with such emotion

It is as though it works together to bring you praise


As I stand here with the gentle stillness of the moment

I am taken aback by thought of you.

Your fierce love encompasses all of me

Leaving me vulnerable yet content


All around me the snow falls gently to the ground

The soft silence as each flake hits the ground

Goes unnoticed by all except you

You gently guide each flake as it descends


Your wondrous presence is unavoidable

It is shown through every aspect of creation

From the smallest flake of snow to the highest mountain

I’m caught up in your glory, Hosanna to the highest


So often the Psalmist was speechless

I understand now his thoughts

His inability to shout anything but praise

A glimpse of you is enough to lose oneself in the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment